A TenX cardholder might be asked for their Verified by Visa password every time they make an online purchase at any participating merchant. The Verified by Visa password is sent via SMS to the verified phone number registered to their TenX Wallet. It provides an additional layer of security for online transactions.
How to get the "Verified by VISA" password?
When routed to the Verified by Visa screen, an SMS will be sent to the registered phone number on your TenX Wallet app. This SMS contains a one-time password (OTP) which you will have to enter on the Password textbox of the Verified by Visa screen.
Why am I not receiving the "Verified by VISA" password?
There could be many reasons for this, therefore please ensure that:
1. The phone number you're using is updated and is the same phone number registered on your TenX Wallet. To change your phone number, please follow the steps on this support article: How do I change my phone number?
2. The primary wallet set on your TenX Wallet app has sufficient funds to cover the transaction.To change the primary wallet for card usage, please refer to this support article: How do I pay for a TenX Card transaction using a different cryptocurrency?
3. Are you in a different country? If so, as long as you can receive SMS, you should be able to receive a Verified by Visa SMS as well. Depending on your mobile service provider, you might need to activate roaming settings. Keep in mind that you may be charged for receiving text messages in a foreign country.
4. Network provider is not blocking incoming and outgoing international SMS. You could contact your telco provider to check this.
If all of the above are checked but you are still unable to receive the Verified by Visa SMS, please submit a support ticket and provide us with the following information:
- Your phone number and telco provider
- Merchant name and website
- Transaction amount
- Date and time of transaction attempt