The Proof of Residency can be any one of the following:
- Utility bills or phone bills (also acceptable if they are sent by email to the customer, not necessarily by physical mail)
- Credit card or bank statements or insurance statements (also acceptable if they are sent by email to the customer, or downloadable, not necessarily by physical mail)
- Letters from the local municipality
- Rental contracts/invoices
- Other documents that are indicative of an ongoing relationship between the sender of the correspondence and the customer (e.g. university or school reports, recurring monthly invoices) - whether a document is acceptable under this criteria will be handled on a case-by-case basis by the compliance agent performing verification
It must fulfill these requirements:
- It must be printed - photos must always be of a physical document
- It must be a legal and traceable document (e.g. scanned papers, official PDF downloads, etc.).
- The document should have:
- your name in full
- your address
- a date stamp showing when the document was issued
- The address must be your current physical residential address.
- If you have recently moved and you have not updated your address yet, the old address can be accepted as long as the submitted document's date stamp is less than 3 months old.
- P.O. box addresses are not accepted.
- The proof of address must be in Latin characters.
- Documents in other characters sets such as Cyrillic or Japanese must be translated into English and notarized by an official government body.
- Your document must not be cropped or censored in any way.
- It must be in full color.
You do not need to submit the full document, only one page is needed.
Specimen Proof of Residency (Bank Statement example)
My Proof of Residency does not show my current residential address
If your document does not show your current address, please update your address with your bank or utility provider - and then obtain another document with the correct details.
If your account is not verified yet, it cannot be verified until the residential address on your proof of address matches your submission.
I have a verified account and wish to update my address
Please create a ticket here. Set the subject as "Address Update", and include in the message body
- Your new address
- A proof of address document, as above, showing your new address.
I do not have any of the above documents under my name, and am unable to obtain one
Please clarify by submitting a support ticket.