The required documents for proof of identity are: a national ID or travel passport and a selfie photograph.
The selfie image must meet these requirements:
- Photo must match identity document
- Only show your face in the photo
- Photo must be clear
- Look straight into the camera
- Keep a neutral expression
We accept travel passports, and for residents of certain countries, we can accept national IDs. Please refer to this list of countries to see if we can accept your national ID.
Identity document sample
The identity document must meet these requirements:
- Is government-issued and internationally recognizable
- Must be valid (not expired), legible and in color
- Must not be edited or censored in any way
- Must include your signature, where applicable
- Cannot be cropped (MRZ must be intact)
My identity document has watermark protection
Your identity document image will be accepted as long as it is legible and the information is correct.
Watermarks are designed to protect against duplication - and tend to appear more pronounced in less-than-ideal conditions. Please ensure:
- That images are taken in acceptable lighting
- That flash and HDR effects are not active
My country has laws against duplicating certain documents
Please clarify by creating a support ticket.